When to Request Employer Evaluations

Many hospitals and healthcare providers perform annual employee evaluations. As a nurse or medical resident, it is important to request a copy of each evaluation which you should save for your records.

If you work as an agency nurse, many agencies require an annual physical and drug screen. You should request and retain copies of these records, including the results of a drug screen.

At some point in your career, you may be accused of inappropriate conduct on the job, such as diversion. If this occurs, the Nursing Board, Medical Board, Pharmacy Board or Dental Board may require you to undergo a physical/mental exam with a psychiatrist approved by the Board.

It is very helpful to present favorable work evaluations. Once you are terminated from a job, it is unlikely that your employer will give you a copy of your employment evaluations; therefore, it important that you ask for the evaluations each time they are done.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

If you are a licensed nurse, doctor, dentist, pharmacist or any other professional in Pennsylvania, call The Law Offices of Brian E. Quinn for help. Based in Philadelphia, our attorneys have decades of experience in the fields of professional license defense, criminal defense and family law.

GooglePlus LinkedIN Call us to schedule a consultation: 215-268-7241 or toll free: 866-657-7318 or email us

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.

Back To Top