Defend Your Reputation.
Protect Your Future.
Founding and Managing Attorney
- Representation of Healthcare professionals
- Criminal Defense of Adults and Juveniles in State and Federal Court
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Pennsylvania, 1985
- New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2000
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania as a Hearing Committee Member for the Disciplinary Board of Pennsylvania, 1998 to 2004
- Pro Bono Attorney for Philadelphia Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Fund, 1997 to Present
- Lawyer's Concerned for Lawyers - a Pennsylvania non-profit Peer Assistance Program for judges, lawyers and law students , Member
I have been defending individuals charged with crimes for over 30 years. I have tried hundreds of cases in both the state and federal courts. I have also represented hundreds of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists and other healthcare professionals in disciplinary proceedings before the Pennsylvania Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs.
Starting with our first meeting, I will gather all of the facts and perform a thorough investigation. I will explore every option in order to get the best result for you.
In criminal cases, after a thorough investigation, we will prepare and litigate all pretrial motions so that your constitutional rights are protected. If the police have failed to follow the Constitution, we will seek to have all illegally obtained evidence and statements thrown out of Court. If your case goes to trial, I will vigorously defend you.
In professional licensing matters, after an extensive interview, I will explore with you all your options. In some cases, we will reach an agreement with the prosecutor. In other cases, we will proceed to a hearing. I will make sure that the prosecution proves its case and I will also explore any mitigating factors.
In many criminal and professional licensing cases, drugs, alcohol and other mental health issues are a factor. I have had extensive experience in dealing with these issues. I work closely with psychiatrists, psychologists, certified addiction counselors and other counselors who specialize in addiction and who are dedicated to helping persons struggling with addiction issues. I recognize the signs and symptoms of addiction and will make a referral to the appropriate treatment provider. I will work closely with that provider during your treatment and will request the appropriate expert reports and documentation to assist in your defense. I am knowledgeable with the services of the drug and alcohol treatment centers, outpatient facilities and counselors in this area. I have lectured on behalf of the Lawyer's Assistance Committee at various law schools on the subject of lawyers and addiction.
In many cases involving drugs and alcohol, a thorough presentation of the nature of addiction along with treatment, can mean the difference between going to jail or losing your professional license. In criminal cases, I have been able to successfully argue to judges that my client should be placed on probation.
In professional licensing matters, I have been successful in arguing before the Nursing and Medical Board that my client should be placed on probation and be allowed to continue to work, rather than lose his/her license.
I understand that a criminal arrest or professional license prosecution can change your life dramatically. I take every case seriously and I will defend you to the fullest extent of the law.
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1984
- Saint Joseph's University
- B.S. - 1981
- Major: Accounting
- "Addictions, Prescription Liability and Forensics, Risk Management Issues", Department of Psychiatry of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Quinn, Brian E., “Controlled Substance RX, Nurse Practitioners Face A Host of Challenges When Prescribing These Medications.” Nurse Practitioner Perspective Magazine, May 2016
- Quinn, Brian E., “What You Need to Know About Representing The Healthcare Professional.” For The Defense, Volume 2, Issue 1, February 2017
- Black Belt, Ryu Ku Kempo Karate
- Active in Coaching, Youth Basketball and Softball
- Philadelphia Democratic Committeeman, 34th Ward